of the second International Youth
Research and Practical Forum "Oil Capital"
The Government of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug– Ugra;
the Russian Academy of Sciences Young Researchers Council;
ANO "Intellectuals Club".
The Russian Academy of Sciences;
The Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra Education and Youth Policy Department;
The Department of Natural Resources and Subsoil Resource Management of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
The Department of Public and External Relations of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
The Department of Culture of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
The Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Vocational Education “The Ugra State University”;
The Congress and Exhibition center "Ugra-Expo";
The Union "Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra".
The second International Youth Research and Practical Forum "Oil Capital" will continue its work on facilitating the international collaboration of the young researchers and the introduction of innovations in the fuel and energy sector. The Forum will contribute to:
- the building of a firm infrastructure, the comprehensive and sustainable industrialization and the implementation of innovations;
- strengthening of the means for the reaching of sustainable development goals and the intensification of the global partnership mechanisms for sustainable development;
- building the rational consumption and production models.
At the same time the Forum addresses a number of the local goals and objectives which contribute to the achievement of the main Strategic Development Goal of Ugra - the improvement of the quality life of the population of the Autonomous Okrug as a result of the formation of the new, based on innovations and globally competitive economic model.
The relevant in the modern situation objectives may be grouped into 3 priority blocks for the Ugra development:
The first block is the formation of the "smart economy" model based on innovative transformation of the oil production industry, introduction of the market driven mentality as the basis for diversification and further development of the autonomous Okrug as the technological foothold of Russia in the development of the North and the Arctic.
The second block is the formation of the globally competitive human capital: the achievement of the specialists' global competitive level owing to their professional training, creation of conditions for maintaining good health and higher life expectancy, their cultural, spiritual and moral development; ensuring the guaranteed protection of the rights of the indigenous peoples of the North, as well as their comprehensive social, economic and cultural growth.
The third block of the objectives is the creation of the conditions for the formation of a favorable environment based on the breakthrough development of innovative technologies, "green oil production", and waste management; the formation and implementation of the rational natural resource management standards for the sake of preservation of the wildlife potential of Ugra for the future generations.
In the course of the Forum "Oil Capital", at the International Youth
Workshop and Conference, the Innovation Projects Contest, Innovative Projects Exhibition, and the work of the workshop "Professionals for FES" the participants will in varying degrees touch upon the problems of each of the aforementioned priorities blocks .
Objectives of the Forum:
- creation of the platform for the academic and technological exchange between the young specialists from various professional fields;
- establishing the Ugra brand of the "Oil Capital" of Russia;
- attracting investment to the high-tech projects;
- popularization of the inbound tourism to Ugra;
- attracting the highly qualified young specialists to the fuel and energy sector of Ugra.
Program of the Forum
- the International Youth Workshop and Conference under the aegis of the RAS Young Researchers Council;
- the Innovation Projects Contest;
- round table discussions on the topical fuel-and-energy sector problems;
- the second specialized exhibition of fuel-and-power sector innovative projects "Innovations. Development 2019";
- the first F.K. Salmanov International Academic Oil Congress Салманова;
- the presentation of the corporate standards of the participant companies of the forum "Professionals for FES";
- the socio-cultural program for the participants and the guests of the Forum.
International Youth Workshop and Conference
under the aegis of the RAS Young Researchers Council
Dates: 21-22 February, 2019
Purpose of the Conference: discussion of the topical issues of the "smart economy" model based on innovative transformation of the oil-and-gas production industry, building of the favorable environment, creation of conditions for the further development of the Autonomous Okrug as the technological foothold of Russia in the development of the North and the Arctic.
The participants are invited to take part in the work of the following panels:
"Modern technological solutions in the oil and gas industry"
technologies for the search, exploration, development of the oil and gas fields, their production and transportation; technologies for the efficient production and conversion of fossil fuel energy; technological solutions for the oil and gas industry, natural gas treatment; fundamental academic research in the oil and gas sector, the study of the oil and gas fields reservoir systems; the potential Arctic shelf development projects, the specifics of the oil and gas production in the Arctic.
"Industrial development - from idea to technology":
road building technologies (including under the permafrost conditions); construction technologies in the extreme climate zones; small scale power generation for the improvement of the quality of life of the indigenous peoples of the North; technologies for different types of transport; technologies in the agribusiness sector; technologies for the monitoring and forecasting of the state of the environment, prevention and recovery of oil spills; technologies for the prevention and recovery of natural and man-made disasters and emergencies; technologies for the new and recoverable energy sources and energy saving; technologies for processing of quartz sand, clay, peat and other local materials; water treatment technologies; new technologies for sorting and treatment of household and industrial waste.
"Ecology. Lean subsoil resource management".
The submissions will be accepted via a dedicated web site. The organizers intend to publish the conference proceedings with obtaining a listing in the Russian science citation index (hereinafter - RSCI).
The working languages of the conference will be the Russian and the English.
The participants of the conference will be the young scientists, post graduate students of the universities, RAS Institutes, young professionals from the Russian and foreign companies and organizations.
The Innovation Projects Contest
Dates: 21-22 February, 2019
Purpose of the Contest: identification of the best innovative technologies, materials, and products for the use in industry, public services, and social sphere with a significant social and economic effect, as well as the identification of the most interesting project business plans for the development of various sectors of the economy.
The projects eligible for the contest must belong to one of the following groups:
Oil and Gas Technologies:
the technologies for the exploration, development of the fields with useful hard-to-recover reserves, their production and transportation; the technological solutions for the oil and gas industry, utilization of the natural and the associated petroleum gas.
Industry technologies and process safety:
- construction technologies; technological solutions for various types of transport; technologies for processing of quartz sand, clay, peat and other local construction materials; and the agribusiness technologies;
- new technologies for sorting and utilization of household and industrial waste; environmental monitoring and forecasting, as well as environmental pollution prevention and recovery technologies; prevention and recovery of oil spill technologies; new technologies for sorting and utilization of household and industrial waste.
Ecology and lean subsoil resource management:
environmental monitoring, lean production, modern technologies minimizing any adverse impact on the environment, efficient production control and state supervision system.
Round table discussions on the topical fuel-and-energy sector problems
Dates: 21-22 February, 2019
The organizers intend to organize the round-table discussions with the leading fuel-and-energy sector experts on the following topics:
Round table discussion "Global trends in the oil and gas industry: today and tomorrow"
The global power industry does not stand still. The large scale changes within the sector require the rethinking of the ways of future development of the oil and gas sector. Maintaining its role as the driver of the global economy, and playing an important role in ensuring the international energy security the oil industry is in dire need of the search for new realities both in the pricing policy and the taxation practices; as well as of the development of the lean, innovative, and, most importantly, economically viable production. The key topics of the discussion will be the new challenges and risks of the oil and gas industry, its potential today and tomorrow.
Round table discussion "Potential for the development of mature fields under the present economic conditions. Integration of efforts"
Mature fields form a greater part of the global reserves. In Russia alone they account for 80% of the reserves, at the same time they contribute 62% of the total production. Every year it is getting increasingly difficult to make the production of a large part of the hydrocarbons from such fields economically profitable. Revitalizing the fields with the residual hydrocarbon reserves is one of the highest global priorities. The round table experts will provide answers to the relevant questions: whether the mature fields have any future under the present economic conditions, whether the innovative technologies are capable of improving oil recovery from such fields; and whether artificial intellect is capable of replacing humans at the facilities.
Round table discussion "Promising technological solutions in the oil & gas industry"
As a global economy locomotive the oil and gas industry may well become a leader in the innovations development. The need to improve new technologies for the search, exploration and production dictates the new transformations in the sector. Today the emphasis is made on the development of the hard-to-recover reserves and the implementation of the intellectual digital solutions in the process. Attention of the round table participants will be focused on the discussions of the industry digitalization potential and the formation of the high tech oil and gas services.
The second specialized exhibition of fuel-and-power sector innovative projects "Innovations. Development 2019"
Dates: 21-22 February, 2019
The purpose of the exhibition: further development of the innovative environment, facilitating the youth initiative in modernization of the fuel and energy sector companies in Ugra and Russia as a whole.
- implementation of modern technologies in production practices by means of advanced developments demonstration to the fuel-and-power sector (hereinafter the FPS) companies representatives.
- facilitation of the competitive goods production;
- pooling resources and capabilities of the state, commercial, and research institutions in advancement of the innovative practices;
- creation of a communicative environment connecting specialists involved in the innovative activities and providing opportunities for the exchange of ideas and experience.
The formation of the Bank of promising equipment solutions and technologies for the fuel and energy sector.
1. Ideas, developments, and technologies in the fuel-and-power sector:
1.1. Technologies and equipment with new or improved characteristics.
1.2. Innovative environmentally friendly technologies.
1.3. Energy saving technologies and equipment.
1.4 Technologies and equipment for oil recovery enhancement.
1.5 Technologies and equipment for safe collection and disposal of oil and gas production facilities waste.
2. Innovation support and advancement infrastructure:
2.2 Technological platforms.
2.3. Innovative territorial production clusters.
2.4. Patent regulation and legal companies.
2.5. Technologies transfer centers.
3. Invention and technical creativity:
3.1 Innovative companies.
3.2 Individual inventors.
The first F.K. Salmanov International Academic Oil Congress
Dates: 21-22 February, 2019
Purpose of the Congress - presentation of best practices for the fuel and energy sector personnel recruitment and training and facilitation of collaboration between the academic and educational institutions and the oil companies.
The Congress Mission – joining the efforts of the international academic community, the leading oil and gas companies, and the pubic authorities in the search for and testing of the efficient ways of solving the topical fuel and energy sector development problems.
The Congress participants – the heads of universities, research organizations, oil and gas industry companies; the heads and staff of the Personnel Departments, the heads of the basic university chairs at the oil and gas companies; young graduates placement specialists; the heads and staff of the marketing and the PR structures of universities; the young scientists, post graduate and high school students.
The Congress agenda will cover:
1. Panel discussion: "Education for the Future: Innovative and Promising Practices for Training of Professionals for the Oil Industry"
2. Research panel "Information technologies for addressing the rational subsoil resource management problems".
3. Open lectures by the Congress speakers.
4. The competence olympiad "Field of Knowledge".
5. The presentation of the corporate standards of the participant companies of the forum "Professionals for FES".
6. Expert assessment of cases "Use of internal and external communication tools for a university promotion".
Participants of the Congress will have an opportunity to share their experience in training personnel for the oil and gas industry, exchange the state-of-the-art practices in the sphere of education and academic research, formulate the requirements of the business community to the graduates competences, discuss the challenges of the dynamically changing economy and form the efficient academic and educational collaboration partnerships. A Memorandum of Intentions will be signed by the results of the Congress.
The project of the youth media-expedition in memory of F.K Salmanov will be presented at one of the Congress's events. The participants of the expedition will travel over the oil and gas fields of Ugra, Tatarstan and Bashkortostan, and end their expedition in the Azerbaijanian Oil and Industry State University the graduate of which was F.K. Salmanov. As a token of respect to the university which trained the pioneer of the oil fields of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra discovery they will place an F.K. Salmanov's commemorative plaque on one of the walls of the University.
The presentation of the corporate standards of the participant companies of the forum "Professionals for FES"
Dates: 21-22 February, 2019
Objective: create platforms for the exchange of practical experience in the sphere of personnel management at the fuel and energy sector companies, attract the young highly qualified specialists to the fuel and energy sector companies of Ugra.
- exchange of practical experience between the personnel management offices of the fuel and energy sector companies, presentation of best practices;
- presentation of the corporate standards of the participant companies of the forum "Professionals for FES";
- discussion of the modern human resources management techniques;
- presentation of the the fuel and energy sector companies' vacancies operating in Ugra for the Forum participants.
The outcomes of the platform operation:
- the formation of the Bank of vacancies of the highly qualified fuel and energy sector specialists;
- the formation of the Bank of the promising highly qualified fuel and energy sector specialists from the Forum participants;
- implementation of the personnel management best practices at the fuel and energy sector companies of Ugra.
The socio-cultural program for the participants and the guests of the Forum.
The socio-cultural program will cover a number of events aimed at introducing the participants and the guests of the Forum to the culture, history and the traditions of Ugra.
A number of events will focus on popularization of the science and the engineering education.